Katherine "Katie" Pothier is stepping up to the plate today as executive vice president and general counsel of Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers.
- Houston Shooter, a Lawyer, Was Wearing Uniform With Nazi Symbol
- Munck Wilson to Open Austin Office
- Man ID’d as Houston Gunman Was a ‘Good, Competent Lawyer,’ Ex-Partner Says
- Newsmakers: Week of September 26
- DLA Piper Tops Social Media Ranking
- Law School Admission Council President Dan Bernstine Dies
The number of lawsuits nationwide filed by workers in energy industry seeking unpaid overtime pay declined sharply over the past year, with less than half as many actions being filed when compared with the previous 12 months.
U.S. District Judge Ed Kinkeade ordered Exxon Mobil Corp. and Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey to mediate within the next 16 days their dispute that brought them into his Dallas federal courtroom earlier this month.
- V.E. v. Travis County District Attorney, 03-15-00373-CV (TexApp Dist 08/17/2016)
- Auspro Enterprises v. Texas Department of Transportation, 03-14-00375-CV (TexApp Dist 08/26/2016)
- Sheetz v. Slaughter, 05-14-00982-CV (TexApp Dist 08/31/2016)
- Radcliffe v. Tidal Petroleum, Inc., 04-15-00644-CV (4th COA. 08/24/2016)
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.