Dickinson Wright, based in Detroit, opened an Austin office with three lateral hires from Greenberg Traurig's Austin office.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy after Reaching $1.4B Deal with Lenders
- Weil Gotshal, Vinson & Elkins Lead on Energy Deal
- Texas Lawyer Announces 2016 Nominees for Attorney of the Year
- Houston Tort Lawyer Accuses Former Firm of Refusing to Pay Owed Bonuses So Its President Could Buy Private Jet
- At His Criminal Trial, Mikal Watts Counters Ken Feinberg's Testimony
- Orrick Grows Latin America Team With Mayer Brown Hire
A leading provider of well services to the U.S. and Canadian oil and gas industry filed for bankruptcy last week in Houston after reaching a debt-restructuring agreement with its lenders.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges represents Silver Run Acquisition Corp. of Houston in its pending acquisition of a controlling interest in a Denver-based oil and natural gas company that turned to Vinson & Elkins.
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.