Texas Lawyer is proud to announce the winners of our 2017 Professional Excellence Awards including Lifetime Achiever, Distinguished Leaders, and Lawyers on the Rise.
- V&E, Baker Botts Take Lead Roles on $1.3B Oil and Gas Services Deal
- Checking Out: Dallas Lawyer Convinces Judge to Toss Suit Against Holiday Inn
- On Writing: From King to Garner, the Differences and Similarities Between Strong Legal and Creative Writing
- What Every Replacement Counsel Should Know
- Vacation Is 'Lame' Excuse for Class Objector Missing Deadline, Court Rules
- 'The Bachelorette' Attorney Rachel Lindsay Narrows Field to Three
Vinson & Elkins represents Select Energy Services of Gainesville in its pending merger with Rockwater Energy Solutions of Houston, which turned to Baker Botts.
Like the temperature, the market for energy lawyer laterals is heating up in Texas.
- Tips to Help Stressed-Out Law Students Unclinch
- Benign Neglect Is Just as Harmful as Overt Acts
- Sanctions Imposed Against Nonpracticing Entity, Its Principal and Its Lead Counsel in What Judge Gilstrap Found to be the 'Clearest Example of an Exceptional Case' Yet
- Firms Finding Work in Distress
2017 New Partner Survey: Smaller First-Year Associate Classes During the Recession Leads to Fewer New Partners at Big Texas Firms
Nineteen of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas made fewer new Texas partners in 2017 compared with 2016.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.