Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law was publicly censured and must pay $15,000 for not complying with an American Bar Association standard that prohibits schools from discriminating against faculty members.
- Law School Association Ditches Texas Over Immigration, Bathroom Bill
- Amid Delays, Politics Leave US Attorney Prospects in Limbo
- Are Asian-Americans Fed Up With Law?
- Dallas Lawyer Indicted for Arranging Fake Marriage for Legal Assistant
- Baker Donelson's Latest Health Care Hire Means Business
- How to Determine When Litigation Costs Include Attorney Fees
Vinson & Elkins represents Select Energy Services of Gainesville in its pending merger with Rockwater Energy Solutions of Houston, which turned to Baker Botts.
Like the temperature, the market for energy lawyer laterals is heating up in Texas.
- Tips to Help Stressed-Out Law Students Unclinch
- Benign Neglect Is Just as Harmful as Overt Acts
- Sanctions Imposed Against Nonpracticing Entity, Its Principal and Its Lead Counsel in What Judge Gilstrap Found to be the 'Clearest Example of an Exceptional Case' Yet
- Firms Finding Work in Distress
2017 New Partner Survey: Smaller First-Year Associate Classes During the Recession Leads to Fewer New Partners at Big Texas Firms
Nineteen of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas made fewer new Texas partners in 2017 compared with 2016.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.