The movement to bring gender pay equity to the American workforce has been around for more than 50 years, but in the last two has hit a seemingly fever pitch. Women are filing multimillion-dollar class action lawsuits against their employers, more than half of the United States has moved to enact some form of tougher pay equity legislation and the concept of pay equality has become a focal point of the presidential election.
- Let Your People Go . . . to Vote
- Texas Supreme Court Committee Sues Mediation Service to Prevent It From Practicing Law
- Observations on the Wells Fargo Scandal
- Tighter Bar-Pass Rule Adopted by ABA Accrediting Body
- Endo Prevails in Patent Fight With Two Rivals Over Opioid Pain Medication
- Oil Drilling Patent Infringement Case to Stay in Delaware
The firm represents Houston's QStar in its pending $1.6 billion sale of assets to SM Energy Co. of Denver, which will also sell assets in North Dakota to Houston's Oasis Petroleum for $785 million.
Vinson & Elkins represents RSP Permian, a company it took public in 2014, in a pending $2.4 billion acquisition of two companies with Permian Basin assets.
- Donald Jean Depriest v. The State of Texas, 06-16-00056-CR (TexApp Dist 10/13/2016)
- In the Interest of G.N., a Child, 08-16-00077-CV (TexApp Dist 09/21/2016)
- Augustin Gabriel Cabrera v. The State of Texas, 14-15-00663-CR (TexApp Dist 10/11/2016)
- Henry & Sons Construction Co., Inc. v. Campos, 13-16-00204-CV (TexApp Dist 10/06/2016)
- Will Texas Courts Upend Recent Decisions Applying Texas Law and Striking Down Midstream Contracts?
- Commentary: Texas Legislature's Sunset Showdown
- Goodwill: Corporate or Personal?
- Beware the Potential Move from Inapplicable Cybersecurity Standards to an Applicable Standard of Care
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.