A state district judge in Houston signed an agreed order for Houston solo Newton Schwartz to turn over custody of two rubies to a receiver.
- Houston College of Law Fires Back in Trademark Fight Over Name
- Judge Ditches $400M Divorce Judgment as Product of Forum Shopping
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy after Reaching $1.4B Deal with Lenders
- Feds Expand Luxury Real Estate Sale Reporting Requirements to Texas
- Dickinson Wright Opens Austin Office With Ex-Greenberg Traurig Lawyers
- Weil Gotshal, Vinson & Elkins Lead on Energy Deal
A leading provider of well services to the U.S. and Canadian oil and gas industry filed for bankruptcy last week in Houston after reaching a debt-restructuring agreement with its lenders.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges represents Silver Run Acquisition Corp. of Houston in its pending acquisition of a controlling interest in a Denver-based oil and natural gas company that turned to Vinson & Elkins.
- Estate of Barbara A. Sloan, 02-15-00198-CV (TexApp Dist 06/16/2016)
- Elbar Investments v. Garden Oaks Maintenance Org., 01-14-00447-CV (TexApp Dist 06/02/2016)
- LSREF2 Cobalt v. 410 Centre, 04-15-00633-CV (4th COA. 07/06/2016)
- Amateur Athletic Union of the United States, Inc. v. Bray, 04-15-00268-CV (4th COA. 07/06/2016)
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.