In a fraudulent conveyance lawsuit in Dallas federal court, a defendant labeled as "baseless" allegations that two defense lawyers — Gregory Shamoun and Stephen Khoury — attempted to influence a witness' deposition testimony by mouthing words and making hand gestures.
- In Appeal, Lawyer Says Punishment of Waco Ex-Federal Judge Was Too Lenient
- Judge Finds That PricewaterhouseCoopers and Exxon Must Comply With NY AG's Subpoena
- $150,000 in Sanctions Against Divorcing Wife
- Energy Deals to Lead M&A Activity in Coming Year, C-Level Execs Forecast
- Weil, Sidley Snag Roles on Two More Big Energy Bankruptcies
- Legal Departments Have Leg Up on Firms in Closing Gender Pay Gap
After 40 years in place, President Barack Obama lifted the ban on exporting crude oil from America on Dec. 18, 2015. Some of the largest oil companies in the U.S. had aggressively lobbied Congress to end the ban since at least Oct. 2014, when the lobbying group called Producers for American Crude Oil Exports (PACE) was formed.
According to the Dykema M&A Forecast, corporate executives expect to see the most M&A activity over the next 12 months in the energy industry.
- Henry & Sons Construction Co., Inc. v. Campos, 13-16-00204-CV (TexApp Dist 10/06/2016)
- Alexander, Dubose, Jefferson & Townsend, LLP v. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, L.P., 09-14-00313-CV (TexApp Dist 09/29/2016)
- Borowski v. Ayers, 10-15-00239-CV (TexApp Dist 10/12/2016)
- Fabian Douglas Castaneda v. The State of Texas, 08-12-00167-CR (TexApp Dist 09/16/2016)
- Will Texas Courts Upend Recent Decisions Applying Texas Law and Striking Down Midstream Contracts?
- Commentary: Texas Legislature's Sunset Showdown
- Goodwill: Corporate or Personal?
- Beware the Potential Move from Inapplicable Cybersecurity Standards to an Applicable Standard of Care
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.