Bias in the Law Press; Efforts to Kill the CFPB and Restraint in Political Debates.
- Observations on the Wells Fargo Scandal
- Lawyer's Appellate Win Allows Client to Sue Insurance Company Over Policy He Didn't Read
- Judge Reaffirms Ruling Halting U.S. Guidelines for School Transgender Bathroom Policies
- Witness to an Execution: Quiet End to a Case That Began With Gunfire
- Dementia Dilemma: When Older Partners Pose a Liability
- Lawyer Faces Sanctions Motion Over Alleged Intimidation of Diamond Dealers
The firm represents Houston's QStar in its pending $1.6 billion sale of assets to SM Energy Co. of Denver, which will also sell assets in North Dakota to Houston's Oasis Petroleum for $785 million.
Vinson & Elkins represents RSP Permian, a company it took public in 2014, in a pending $2.4 billion acquisition of two companies with Permian Basin assets.
- Ren v. ANU Resources, LLC, 14-16-00035-CV (TexApp Dist 09/22/2016)
- B. Mahler Interests, L.P. v. DMAC Construction, Inc., 14-15-00061-CV (TexApp Dist 09/15/2016)
- Deuell v. Texas Right to Life Committee, Inc., 01-15-00617-CV (TexApp Dist 09/15/2016)
- Garden Ridge, L.P. v. Clear Lake, L.P., 14-15-00695-CV (TexApp Dist 09/29/2016)
- Will Texas Courts Upend Recent Decisions Applying Texas Law and Striking Down Midstream Contracts?
- Commentary: Texas Legislature's Sunset Showdown
- Goodwill: Corporate or Personal?
- Beware the Potential Move from Inapplicable Cybersecurity Standards to an Applicable Standard of Care
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.