Even though Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison lawyers have yet to finish their task, no shortage of skeptics, critics and second-guessers trail a legal team led by Michele Hirshman, a partner in the New York firm tapped by Fox News’ parent company to investigate alleged pervasive sexual harassment of women at the network.
- ABA, Please Give UNT Dallas College of Law a Chance, Bar President Writes
- Dallas Attorney-Brewer Overturns Texas Beer Law
- Wave of ERISA Suits Puts Colleges in Crosshairs
- Andrews Kurth to Hire All 55 Kenyon & Kenyon Lawyers
- Texas Law Schools Battle in Court Over Name Change
- Two Texas Lawyers Sued in Civil Action for Barratry in BP Oil-Spill Claims
Locke Lord team won for Spitzer Industries a $35.9 million judgment, including $3.5 million in attorney fees just for its firm, and $688,000 for contract attorneys.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld represents a conflicts committee advising Valero Energy Partners in its pending $325 million acquisition of a terminal services business from a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corp. of San Antonio.
In our report about mental health on law campuses, we examine why law school exacerbates problems with depression, anxiety and substance abuse — and what administrators and fellow students can do to help.
Study finds that law school rankings encourage cheating, lying.
- In the Interest of T.B. and A.B., 02-16-00006-CV (TexApp Dist 07/14/2016)
- Fawcett v. Grosu, 14-15-00542 (TexApp Dist 07/07/2016)
- In re Meeker, 02-16-00103-CV (TexApp Dist 06/29/2016)
- Texas Education Agency v. Academy of Careers and Technologies, Inc., 03-15-00528-CV (TexApp Dist 07/13/2016)
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.