Texas Lawyer is proud to announce the nominees for our 2016 Professional Excellence Award: Attorney of the Year.
- Weil Gotshal, Vinson & Elkins Lead on Energy Deal
- Dickinson Wright Opens Austin Office With Ex-Greenberg Traurig Lawyers
- At His Criminal Trial, Mikal Watts Counters Ken Feinberg's Testimony
- Houston Tort Lawyer Accuses Former Firm of Refusing to Pay Owed Bonuses So Its President Could Buy Private Jet
- Orrick Grows Latin America Team With Mayer Brown Hire
- Judge's Order Allowing Wide Range of Voter ID in Bexar Special Election May Foreshadow Future Rules
Weil, Gotshal & Manges represents Silver Run Acquisition Corp. of Houston in its pending acquisition of a controlling interest in a Denver-based oil and natural gas company that turned to Vinson & Elkins.
San Antonio plaintiffs' lawyer Mikal Watts attempted at his federal criminal trial in Mississippi to marshal evidence to counter the testimony against him provided by well-known claims fund administrator Ken Feinberg on a key point: Did Watts' firm provide Feinberg when asked with client contracts for the BP claimants it purported to represent?
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.