The two firms, which have reportedly been discussing a merger, are now sharing office space in at least one city. Two sources say the firms have agreed to combine operations.
- Texas Law Schools Battle in Court Over Name Change
- Texas Federal Judge Triples Patent Award Against Samsung to $21 Million
- Federal Judge in Voter ID Case Unwilling to Wait
- Bias Interrupters: Confusing Name. Important Mission.
- Houston Trial Lawyer Opens Firm to Practice With Son
- Tips From the Top: How to Succeed in Law School Because It Will Be Trying
Locke Lord team won for Spitzer Industries a $35.9 million judgment, including $3.5 million in attorney fees just for its firm, and $688,000 for contract attorneys.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld represents a conflicts committee advising Valero Energy Partners in its pending $325 million acquisition of a terminal services business from a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corp. of San Antonio.
In our report about mental health on law campuses, we examine why law school exacerbates problems with depression, anxiety and substance abuse — and what administrators and fellow students can do to help.
Study finds that law school rankings encourage cheating, lying.
- The City of Cleveland v. Keep Cleveland Safe, 09-15-00076-CV (TexApp Dist 07/28/2016)
- In the Interest of J.R.G., a Child, 08-14-00313-CV (TexApp Dist 07/27/2016)
- Allstate Insurance v. Jordan, 06-15-00042-CV (TexApp Dist 07/29/2016)
- Dudley Construction, Ltd. v. ACT Pipe & Supply, Inc., 06-15-00045-CV (TexApp Dist 07/14/2016)
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.