Larry Waks is representing an investment group that includes George Clooney on the roughly $1 billion sale of the premier Casamigos Tequila brand to global spirits giant Diageo plc, which is being advised by Sullivan & Cromwell.
- Houston Trial Lawyer Hit With More Barratry Claims
- Fifth Circuit Ends Injunction Against Nation's Harshest Anti-Gay Law
- Texas High Court Picks Up Oil Family's $7.2M Attorney Fee Fight
- 2 Houston-Area Attorneys Launch New Firm
- Who's Afraid of EDTX? Not Microsoft
- 'Wild Thing' Mitch Williams Secures $1.5M Verdict in Case Over Firing From MLB Network
Shamoun & Norman sued former client Albert G. Hill Jr. in state court alleging he owed them a multimillion-dollar "performance incentive bonus."
Even though it could idle some lawyers, partners from Baker Botts, Jackson Walker and Haynes and Boone voiced tentative support this week for legislation that would tax carbon emissions while gutting environmental regulation.
- Tips to Help Stressed-Out Law Students Unclinch
- Benign Neglect Is Just as Harmful as Overt Acts
- Sanctions Imposed Against Nonpracticing Entity, Its Principal and Its Lead Counsel in What Judge Gilstrap Found to be the 'Clearest Example of an Exceptional Case' Yet
- Firms Finding Work in Distress
2017 New Partner Survey: Smaller First-Year Associate Classes During the Recession Leads to Fewer New Partners at Big Texas Firms
Nineteen of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas made fewer new Texas partners in 2017 compared with 2016.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.