IMMIGRATION: Provisional Waivers

, Texas Lawyer


The greatest change of the year in immigration law occurred on March 4. Before that date, in order to earn lawful permanent residency, many U.S. citizens' undocumented spouses and children who had resided unlawfully in the United States for longer than 180 days had to leave this country and apply at a U.S. embassy abroad for a waiver to excuse their unlawful presence. After March 4, they could do so before leaving this country.

This content has been archived. It is available exclusively through our partner LexisNexis®.

To view this content, please continue to Lexis Advance®.

Continue to Lexis Advance®

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber? Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® is now the exclusive third party online distributor of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® customers will be able to access and use ALM's content by subscribing to the LexisNexis® services via Lexis Advance®. This includes content from the National Law Journal®, The American Lawyer®, Law Technology News®, The New York Law Journal® and Corporate Counsel®, as well as ALM's other newspapers, directories, legal treatises, published and unpublished court opinions, and other sources of legal information.

ALM's content plays a significant role in your work and research, and now through this alliance LexisNexis® will bring you access to an even more comprehensive collection of legal content.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at

What's being said

Comments are not moderated. To report offensive comments, click here.

Preparing comment abuse report for Article #1386966261484

Thank you!

This article's comments will be reviewed.