Cortez is recused from hearing a business dispute after a legal malpractice lawyer at odds with the judge makes an appearance in the case.
- Dallas Solo Prepares Minors to Represent Themselves in Immigration Court
- Lawyer Files Civil Suit Alleging Two Men Beat Him, Posted Video to Snapchat
- King & Spalding Adds Two Health Care Lawyers in Austin
- Judge: Gun-Toting Veterinarian Can Pursue Civil Rights
- Stanford's 'Net Winners' Lose at Fifth Circuit
- Race Case: 5th Court Issues Favorable Ruling for Police Officer
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. , August, 29, 2014.
(And we all thought that boring first-year civil procedure class would never come in handy.)
Dallas lawyer Darrell Jordan joined Diamond McCarthy, where a number of lawyers he used to work with now practice.
- THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellant, v. ANDREW HOWARD LEE, Appellee.
- IN THE MATTER OF M.A.S., A JUVENILE.
- DHS MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC., DIAGNOSTIC HEALTH SERVICES, INC., MOBILE DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEMS, INC., AND JENNIFER ANN HJARPE, Appellants v. HEATHER CASTRO, Appellee
- FRED VILLANOVA, Appellant, v. FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION, AS RECEIVER FOR HOME SAVINGS OF AMERICA, Appellee.
Each year, Texas Lawyer tracks financial trends in the state's legal industry through its Salary & Billing Survey. The resulting report compiles information provided by firms about employees' salaries, billing rates and billable hours.
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.