At trial, the defense team showed similarities between the allegations against NOV and those in another earlier discrimination lawsuit against another Houston employer brought by different plaintiffs, but the same plaintiffs counsel.
- Partners in Provost Umphrey Battle With Former Partner
- Sometimes Trying to Contain This Juror 'Contamination' Actually Ends Up Spreading It
- 2015 Legal Departments of the Year
- Halliburton Proposes Deals with Landowners in Alleged Pollution Cases
- Diversity Scorecard for Texas Courts Broken Down by Court [CHART]
- Participate Now in Our 2015 Managing Partners Survey
"Launching the Cyber Forensics Unit will be a tremendous benefit in handling specific criminal cases within the district attorney's office," Bexar County Criminal DA Nico LaHood said in a statement.
Since the U.S. Supreme Court issued Alice v. CLS Bank last year, the decision has hit the intellectual property world like a hurricane, causing federal courts to dismiss a whole host of patent infringement cases in which litigants lay claim to "abstract ideas."
Recently Houston-based Halliburton has begun offering settlements to a number of the property owners in and near Duncan, Oklahoma, who have sued the company claiming that they had the hazardous waste perchlorate show up in their private wells because of operations conducted by a former Halliburton facility.
CenterPoint Energy has long had a heritage of community involvement and pro bono activity among its lawyers, assistant corporate general counsel Monica Karuturi said. But it was slipping in 2013.
- PELCO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Appellant v. CHAMBERS COUNTY, TEXAS, KURT AMUNDSON, AND AMUNDSON CONSULTING, INC., Appellees
- KATELYNN ROSE GARZA, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- CASA DEL MAR ASSOCIATION, INC., Appellant v. WILLIAMS & THOMAS, L.P. D/B/A JAMAIL CONSTRUCTION, Appellee
- JESSICA SHANNON, Appellant v. MEMORIAL DRIVE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH U.S., Appellee
- 7 Antitrust Concepts that Every Lawyer and Business Person Should Know
- How to Train HR to Put Together a Flawless Investigation Report
- 5 Tips for Defending Immigrants in Criminal Court
- In a Global Marketplace, What Are the Rules for International Production of Electronic Records?
The Annual Report on Firm Finance also includes a Profitability Index, which shows whether equity partners in a firm are taking home more or less than average RPL, and a firm-by-firm analysis that helps to explain financial results from each of the top 25 firms.