Seeing the joy and excitement in a customer's face is not something many general counsels get to experience. But as the general counsel for Six Flags Entertainment Corp., Lance Balk said he gets to see screaming visitors every time he tours one of the company's amusement parks.
- Litigator of the Week: Don't Ignore the Signs of Jury Fatigue
- Ex-Wife Gets $975 Million Check in Divorce From Oil CEO, Loses Appeal for More
- "Hack" Your Way Through Challenges
- Frank Stevenson Elected State Bar President-Elect
- Ex-Client Sues Onetime Lawyer Over Settlement Money
- Challenging the Patent 'Death Squad'
Ken Stewart, the nonexecutive chair in the United States for Norton Rose Fulbright, will also become global chair on May 1.
Litigator Steve Selsberg, whose client list include Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim Helu, left a big firm to open his own firm in Houston.
The high court dismissed her appeal on the grounds that Arnall had already "received the benefits flowing" from the judgment rendered by the trial court, which included—among other assets—a $975 million personal check.
The Texas Railroad Commission's recent investigation into the possible connection between wastewater injection wells and earthquakes is almost certainly shaking up some operators in the Texas oil and gas industry.
- CPM TRUST, KLM SECURE TRUST, AND RMP PARKER CENTRAL, LLC, Appellants v. CITY OF PLANO, TEXAS AND THE BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT OF THE CITY OF PLANO, TEXAS, Appellees
- JERRY MICHAEL CHANCE D/B/A OUTER LIMITS GAMEROOM, Appellant, v. ELLIOT & LILLIAN, LLC, Appellee.
- M. KATHLEEN MCKINNEY, Regional Director of Region Fifteen of the National Labor Relations Board, for and on behalf of the National Labor Relations Board, Plaintiff - Appellee v. CREATIVE VISION RESOURCES, L.L.C., Defendant - Appellant
- WALTER POWERS, JR., individually, and in his capacity of President of the Fraternal Order of Police, Crescent City Lodge #2, and its Members; FREDERICK C. MORTON, Plaintiffs - Appellants [...] v. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; POLICE ASSOCIATION OF NEW ORLEANS; MICHAEL GLASSER, individually and as President of the Police Association of New Orleans, Inc., Intervenors - Appellees, CITY OF NEW ORLEANS, Defendant - Cross-Defendant - Appellee, MITCHELL J. LANDRIEU, in his official capacity as the mayor/ch [...]
The Annual Report on Firm Finance also includes a Profitability Index, which shows whether equity partners in a firm are taking home more or less than average RPL, and a firm-by-firm analysis that helps to explain financial results from each of the top 25 firms.
The number of new partners in 2015 at 22 of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas down by 7.3 percent compared with 2014.