According to Texas Lawyer's 2014 New Associate Hires Survey, the 2014 class is 14.1 percent smaller than it was in 2013 at the same 21 firms.
- Taking on Ebola: Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins Leads the Fight
- Jury Delivers $175 Million Verdict for Whistleblower
- Hip Replacement Device Defendants Win Take-Nothing Verdict
- Survey: New Associates Want to Make a Big Splash in Smaller Pool
- Stats Shed Light on Lawyer's Top E-Filing Complaints
- Houston Man, Company Sue Lawyer and Firm After Unfavorable Judgment
Counsel to the class plaintiffs in the 2010 multidistrict oil spill litigation want a Louisiana federal judge to deny BP's attempt to remove Patrick Juneau as claims administrator of the Court Supervised Settlement Program (CSSP) because of his alleged conflicts.
Porter Hedges represents Houston-based Southwestern Energy Co. in its pending purchase of shale assets in West Virginia and Pennsylvania for $5.375 billion.
At the Texas Book Festival in Austin this weekend, two prosecutors will discuss assassinations, espionage, "blood letters" and terrorist attacks.
Russell Munsch represented the famously wealthy son of the legendary H.L. Hunt in his bankruptcy, which still ranks as the largest personal Chapter 11 filing in history.
- EL PASO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT, DR. LORENZO GARCIA, AND MARK MENDOZA, Appellants, v. MICHAEL McINTYRE AND LAURA McINTYRE, INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHALF OF THEIR CHILDREN, K.M., L.M., C.M., M.M., AND L.M., Appellees.
- THE CITY OF EL PASO, TEXAS, Appellant, v. HIGH RIDGE CONSTRUCTION, INC., Appellee.
- RICHARD MERRILL MCCARTER d/b/a MERRILL BAIL BONDS, Appellant, v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee.
- JESSIE HOFFMAN, Petitioner - Appellant v. BURL CAIN, WARDEN, LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY, Respondent - Appellee
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.