"It's an animal that's largely composed of lawyers, which is something of a challenge, because you're representing lawyers: They are smart, and they want to have more input than the average client," said state bar outside counsel Martha Dickie.
- Trio of Texans Fills Three Empty Federal Benches
- V&E, Clifford Chance Handle $2.5 Billion Energy Deal
- Judge Delays Decision on Quashing Barratry Indictments
- Former Judge Eric Williams Sentenced to Death
- Nine Lawyers to Move From Schwartz Junell to Vorys
- Elite Appellate Lawyers Dominating Texas Politics
Vinson & Elkins represents Australia-based Woodside Petroleum in pending purchase of LNG projects from Apache Corp. of Houston for $2.5 billion.
O&G lawyers identify the biggest three consequences of the price drop on their firms' practices.
Cognitive theory establishes that face-to-face contact with others makes us more productive, efficient and accurate in our work.
After interviewing five lawyers on Dec. 12, the bar's elections and nominations subcommittee chose Randy Howry and Frank Stevenson as potential candidates.
- WILLIAM R. AND SUSAN M. KNODERER, Appellants v. STATE FARM LLOYDS, PENNI PERKINS AND TOM ROBERTS, Appellees
- $1,608.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY AND 2008 MAZDA, VIN 1YVHP80C385M37457, Appellants v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- GERALD LYNN CLARK AND JO ANN CLARK, Appellants v. TITUS COUNTY, TEXAS, Appellee
- QURAN BRYANT, STEPHEN A. BARFIELD, AND GRACE EVERETT, Appellants v. DENNIS J. CADY, IND. AND AS TRUSTEE OF THE DENNIS J. CADY LIVING TRUST D/B/A CADY ENTERPRISES, Appellee
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.