Beyond just the high dollar award, the case is generating interest because it raises the question of whether a company can participate in a preliminary discussion of a joint venture of any sort and still avoid partnership obligations under Texas law.
- Lawyer Convicted of Drug Charge Involving 935 lbs of Marijuana Faces Possible Disbarment
- Texas Lawyer Announces Its Winning Women of 2014
- Compensatory Damages in Patent Litigation: Which Firms Won the Biggest Bucks?
- Low Interest Rates and Their Impact on Sophisticated Estate Planning for Affluent Families
- BP in Texas MDL: Ohio Isn't Home
- $123M 'Revenge Porn' Suit Filed Against Facebook, Former Friend
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014.
Cano-Lasa also recognized that as a Pemex-trained lawyer, he had skills that would help newcomers understand "the legal implications" of the business opportunities in Mexico.
With his order, Sparks also temporarily enjoined De La Rosa from selling any statuettes that bear the copyrighted design and marks of Oscar or otherwise calculating "to cause purchasers to believe that" his "products are sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Academy."
- QUADREUY FLOWERS, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- IN RE RT SONCY PARTNERSHIP, LTD., RT SONCY MANAGEMENT, LLC, AND CORY STRICKLAND, RELATORS
- Chad THOMPSON, Appellant v. CITY OF WACO, Texas and Fire Chief John D. Johnston, Appellees
- PARHAM FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP AND VAN E. PARHAM, JR., Appellants v. DIANE MORGAN F/KA/ DIANE PARHAM, Appellee;
Each year, Texas Lawyer tracks financial trends in the state's legal industry through its Salary & Billing Survey. The resulting report compiles information provided by firms about employees' salaries, billing rates and billable hours.
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.