Sgt. Jason Lewis, public information officer for the Lubbock Police Department, said that the medical examiner found that Wallace died from "blunt force traumatic injuries" and ruled that the manner of death was "homicide."
- Judge Won't Compel Arbitration in Stanford Case
- Class Action Alleges Lawyers' Calls to Inmates Still Recorded, Visitation Option Impacts Income
- BP in Texas MDL: Ohio Isn't Home
- Texas Fracking Lawyers Watch National Developments
- Hays McConn Merging With LeClairRyan
- Houston-Based IP Firm Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg Opens Philadelphia Office
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014.
Cano-Lasa also recognized that as a Pemex-trained lawyer, he had skills that would help newcomers understand "the legal implications" of the business opportunities in Mexico.
With his order, Sparks also temporarily enjoined De La Rosa from selling any statuettes that bear the copyrighted design and marks of Oscar or otherwise calculating "to cause purchasers to believe that" his "products are sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Academy."
- GENERAL METAL FABRICATING CORPORATION, GMF LEASING INC., AND ARNOLD CURRY, Appellants v. JOHN STERGIOU AND MAIN MARINE REPAIR AND INDUSTRIAL CLEANING CO., Appellees
- DALLAS AREA RAPID TRANSIT, Appellant v. DAVID MORRIS, Appellee
- Barry BROOKS, Heston C. King, Stefen Douglas Brooks, Johanna Barton, and Jesse Rodriguez Benavides, Appellants v. EX EXCELLENCE MORTGAGE, LTD., Appellee
- MANUEL RICHARD PENA, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
Each year, Texas Lawyer tracks financial trends in the state's legal industry through its Salary & Billing Survey. The resulting report compiles information provided by firms about employees' salaries, billing rates and billable hours.
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.