At least eight GCs attending the recent 2014 Legal Week Corporate Counsel Forum were asked about the greatest challenges facing in-house legal departments, and how the role of the department is changing.
- Houston Non-Profits Benefit From Agreed Judgment
- Defense Shows How to Beat Motion for New Trial
- New Beginnings: GC Hits the Ground Running in Young Company
- Bills Would Outlaw a Grand Jury Selection Method
- Deal of the Week: Baker Botts Works on Kimberly-Clark Spinoff
- Participate in the Managing Partner Survey
Surface owners and mineral owners or lessees are likely to have disparate opinions concerning the reasonableness of surface operations, especially when those operations impact or interfere with existing surface structures or uses.
Halliburton and Baker Hughes announce agreement for Halliburton to acquire Baker Hughes for $34.6 billion.
"We wanted to help all cancer victims and those who don't have the ability to file a lawsuit," David Greenstone said of reasons his plaintiffs law firm established a scholarship fund for Dallas students who are impacted by the disease.
The bill doesn't discuss whether a person would have to enter any plea to pay immediately. Could the person talk to a lawyer first? If the person paid up, could he still fight a charge in court?
- CRISTOBAL GALVAN-CERNA, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- TESCO CORPORATION (US), Appellant v. STEADFAST INSURANCE COMPANY, Appellee
- ANNIE EAST, Appellant v. SOUTHWEST CIMM'S INC. D/B/A BURGER KING #1002 A/K/A CIMM'S INCORPORATED, Appellee
- DONNA GAYLE HOLCOMB, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- 4 Contract Clauses You Don't Know How to Draft
- The Future of Mobile Payments Needs to Address Security and Permissions to Interact With Other Devices
- Breaking Up With An Employee? These Tips for Contract Provisions Should Make It Less Complicated
- Steps to Company Party? Eat, Drink and Be Wary
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.