"Certainly as an attorney I recognize that he's innocent until proven guilty. But we're not talking about criminal guilt. We're talking about how you live your life and integrity in public officials," said Darlene Ewing, a Dallas solo who heads the county Democratic Party.
- State Bar Prez-Elect Race Relatively Calm Compared to 2013
- Creditors Can Reach Homestead Property
- PI, Med-Mal Lawyers Face Change in Medical Records Rule
- $9 Billion Win for Big Name Texas Trial Lawyer
- Hurricane Crosses Jordan: Wrongfully Accused Fighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter Entered the Ring on Behalf of the Convicted
- Special Focus Report: Family Law
Call for Nominations
"I wanted to jump-start the giving. As a regent, I wanted it known that the A&M system is serious about the law school, and we expect it to be a success," Buzbee wrote in an email.
Rabbi David Stern from Temple Emanu-El in Dallas will join former Secretary of State James A. Baker III in speaking at the memorial service at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.
Jackson Walker has the largest 2014 Texas partner class. The firms rounding out the top five in terms of new partner class size are Haynes and Boone, Strasburger & Price, Baker Botts and Andrews Kurth.
Eighteen of the state's 25 largest firms participated in Texas Lawyer's Lateral Hiring Survey and reported hiring 14.1 percent fewer lateral attorneys— 249 versus 290—than they had in 2012.