George Yarbrough, now in federal custody, pleads guilty to one count of mailing a threatening communication to a federal judge.
- Two Houston Lawyers Sued Over Divorce Case
- Litigator of the Week: After Blow Up: $10.8 Million to Oil Well Owners Against Insurer
- Baylor University Bears Down on Oilman, Companies in Fraud Claim
- 7 Figure Attorney Fee in 'Exceptional' IP Case?
- Trinity: No $16.5 Million Attorney Fees for Whistleblower
- Texas Firm, Florida Lawyer, Point Fingers in Legal Mal Suit
Call for Nominations
We invite you to submit nominations for the Texas Lawyer Litigation Departments of the Year award.
This award is part of an effort our parent company ALM Media is running in several jurisdictions: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Texas and Washington, D.C. ALM plans to name winners in each location.
Ruling says slogan is not antitrust.
The appeals court system was down from 5 p.m. until this morning.
- IN RE ALLSTATE COUNTY MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY, Relator
- IN THE INTEREST OF D.W., J.L., V.T., R.W., KE.W., KA.W., B.W., AND A.W., MINOR CHILDREN
- ROBERT H. HOLMES, SR., Appellant v. GRAHAM MORTGAGE CORPORATION, Appellee
- JERRY KILLINGSWORTH, Appellant v. THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF DALLAS, Appellee
- The Same Traits That Make a Lawyer Successful Also Make it Difficult to Reach Out for Help
- Fifth Circuit Cracks Open the Courthouse Doors to Decide 'Arbitrability'
- Keeping the Best and Brightest: President Obama's Plan to Retain Skilled Workers
- What to Know About the Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.