"Not only did the underlying defendant breach the settlement agreement, he then filed bankruptcy, trying to discharge the debt entirely," claims the petition in Compensation Sciences Enterprises v. Brothers.
- Paralegals File Class Action Against PI Firm, Claim Overtime Wages Owed
- Handling of Handwritten Will Lands Lawyer In Legal-Mal Lawsuit
- Legendary $3M Settlement Fraud Case Gets Another Look
- State Bar Ethics Committee To Reconsider Controversial Opinion
- Voter ID Law Still Effective After 6-3 U.S. Supreme Court Ruling
- Class Counsel Ask Court to Reject BP's Motion to Disqualify Claims Administrator
Counsel to the class plaintiffs in the 2010 multidistrict oil spill litigation want a Louisiana federal judge to deny BP's attempt to remove Patrick Juneau as claims administrator of the Court Supervised Settlement Program (CSSP) because of his alleged conflicts.
Houston-based ConocoPhillips wants compensation for investment in heavy oil projects in Venezuela.
When Attorney General Eric Holder announced Oct. 15 that he had appointed Vanita Gupta, he tapped a lawyer who cut her teeth in Tulia, Texas.
Houston trial lawyer Richard Mithoff and his wife, Ginni, give a second $1 million to pro bono program
- PATRICK MICHAELSKI AND LYNDA MICHAELSKI, Appellants v. JOHN WRIGHT, PEGGY WRIGHT, GRANT DIETZ, AND REBECCA DIETZ, Appellees
- BAUER-PILECO, INC., Appellant v. HARRIS COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT, Appellee
- REGENIA BECHEM, Appellant v. RELIANT ENERGY RETAIL SERVICES, LLC AND COMERICA BANK, Appellees
- JAMALL ANDERSON, Appellant v. LARRY TRUELOVE AND BRADY ROBLES, Appellees
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.