As lawyers prepare to vote on the next leader of the State Bar of Texas, candidates Randy Howry and Frank Stevenson answer questions from practicing attorneys who posted on Facebook.
- Ellen Pao Loses Gender Bias Suit Against Kleiner Perkins UPDATED
- Dallas Lawyer Settles Son's Lacrosse RICO Suit
- Report Outlines Costs of 'Morton' Reforms
- Wal-Mart to Nix Request for Injured Toddler
- State Bills Would Stop Cities' Regulation of O&G Operations
- Durst Was Advised to Think Twice About Series
The issue examined those Texans who were an integral part of the act, which continues to influence Texas law and lawyers.
This same law school, rated in a recent issue of The National Jurist magazine, is also the oldest in Texas.
Two Texas House bills were recently introduced that offer tax credits on a per-well basis for oil and gas drillers that use alternative fracking fluids instead of freshwater during fracking operations.
Texas has a number of statutes that companies can deploy to protect their trade secrets. Put an action plan in gear now. A trade secret once lost is lost forever.
- IN RE CRAWFORD & COMPANY, CRAWFORD & COMPANY HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT, INC., PATSY HOGAN AND OLD REPUBLIC INSURANCE COMPANY, RELATORS
- AMERICAN STAR ENERGY AND MINERALS CORPORATION, PETITIONER, v. RICHARD "DICK" STOWERS, RICHARD W. STOWERS, FRANK K. STOWERS AND LINDA SUE JASURDA, RESPONDENTS
- IN RE ROY DEAN DUFFEY
- HERITAGE CONSTRUCTORS, INC., Appellant v. CHRIETZBERG ELECTRIC, INC., AND RICHARD MARC CHRIETZBERG, Appellees
The number of new partners in 2015 at 22 of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas down by 7.3 percent compared with 2014.
The 19 firms that participated in the Lateral Hiring Survey hired 6 percent more Texas laterals in 2014 than in 2013.