"I would think it's going to be an expensive appeal, because there are many, many legal issues for both sides," said Jeff Levinger, a solo in Dallas, who represented Enbridge Inc.
- Is Qualified Immunity for TDCJ Officials Vulnerable?
- Man Who Filed Grievance Against Lawyer Sues for Copy of Dismissal Letter
- After Spoliation Decision, Businesses Should Reconsider Limited-Duration Retention Policies
- Sex Offender Has Standing to Challenge City Ordinance; Family Allowed to Sue for Damages in 'First in the Nation' Ruling
- Will Plaintiffs Pursue Class Actions to Fight Fracking?
- Robert Durst Charged With Criminal Mischief After Alleged Urination Over a Cash Register at Drugstore
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014.
When Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon 45 years ago, people didn't give a great deal of thought to the legal implications of sending objects into space.
With his order, Sparks also temporarily enjoined De La Rosa from selling any statuettes that bear the copyrighted design and marks of Oscar or otherwise calculating "to cause purchasers to believe that" his "products are sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Academy."
- MARRS AND SMITH PARTNERSHIP and RICKEY SMITH, Appellants/Cross-Appellees, v. SOMBRERO OIL AND GAS COMPANY, L.L.C., Appellee/Cross-Appellant.
- TEMPORARY ALTERNATIVES, INC., d/b/a dmDICKASON PERSONNEL SERVICES OF EL PASO, Appellant, v. MISTI K. JAMROWSKI, Appellee.
- IN RE CLIFFORD HALL, Relator
- VICTORIA V. OCHSNER, Appellant v. PRESTON A. OCHSNER, Appellee
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.
This year, our Litigation Departments of the Year award has two distinct categories: one for the top department in general litigation and one for the top specialty litigation practice groups. We also have included a lifetime achievement award for an individual who has made his or her mark on Texas litigation.