Three lawyers with a REIT practice and an associate join Dentons' Dallas office.
- Despite Support, US LNG Exports on Shaky Ground
- For Online 'Unboxers' Earning Money From Endorsements, Old School Marketing Rules Still Apply
- Immigration Lawyer Indicted for Identity Theft, Fraud
- Chief Justice Hecht Outlines Plan for Affordable Fee Study Group
- Pearland Lawyer Sues Former Firm Over Fees
- ExxonMobil Protests Penalty in Pipeline Spill Case
Call for Nominations
Texas Lawyer is assembling its annual ranking of the state’s top 100 firms which is based on the number of Texas attorneys at each firm. The free listing contains both Texas-based firms and firms based out-of-state. In recent years, the firms have ranged in size from those with 28 lawyers in Texas to those with more than 500. The survey participation deadline is 6 p.m., Thursday, March 12.read more
Stumbling vocabulary should wave a red flag for Texans to not respond to fraudulent email using his name, Ken Paxton's office said.
Dale Wainwright, a partner who is a former Texas Supreme Court justice, is the office's new managing partner.
Key decisions in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill litigation have highlighted the evolving legal landscape in assessing liability and financial responsibility in a major accident.
Although the new rules have a limited impact on the applicable Texas law regarding eminent domain, they do require parties to provide the RRC with more specific information in order for an applicant to obtain a pipeline permit.
- TAMMY TURNER BINGHAM, APPELLANT v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, APPELLEE
- GUSTAVO BARRIOS-CANTARERO, Petitioner v. ERIC H. HOLDER, JR., U. S. ATTORNEY GENERAL, Respondent
- ALBERT WOODFOX, Petitioner - Appellee v. BURL CAIN, WARDEN, LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY; JAMES CALDWELL, Respondents - Appellants
- EL PASO MARKETING, L.P., PETITIONER, v. WOLF HOLLOW I, L.P., RESPONDENT
The 19 firms that participated in the Lateral Hiring Survey hired 6 percent more Texas laterals in 2014 than in 2013.
Sixty-one law firm leaders shared their opinions in Texas Lawyer's Managing Partners Survey. The annual survey collects data about management strategies and techniques used by firms of all sizes, both Texas-based and out-of-state firms with Texas operations.