"My clients disputed it from day one. That should have been examined," said Houston solo William Robertson, who represents 15 relatives embroiled in a probate dispute.
- Legendary $3M Settlement Fraud Case Gets Another Look
- State Bar Ethics Committee To Reconsider Controversial Opinion
- CDC Lawyer Urges Looking at the Law as Ebola Emotion Swirls
- As AG Election Nears, 725 Government Lawyers Brace For Change
- Crowded Court in Jury Selection Lands Woman New Murder Trial
- EnergyBuzz: Understanding Surface Use by the Oil and Gas Lessee
Houston-based ConocoPhillips wants compensation for investment in heavy oil projects in Venezuela.
Targa Resources Corp. and Targa Resources Partners to acquire Atlas Energy and Atlas Pipeline Partners.
When Attorney General Eric Holder announced Oct. 15 that he had appointed Vanita Gupta, he tapped a lawyer who cut her teeth in Tulia, Texas.
Houston trial lawyer Richard Mithoff and his wife, Ginni, give a second $1 million to pro bono program
- PATRICK MICHAELSKI AND LYNDA MICHAELSKI, Appellants v. JOHN WRIGHT, PEGGY WRIGHT, GRANT DIETZ, AND REBECCA DIETZ, Appellees
- BAUER-PILECO, INC., Appellant v. HARRIS COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT, Appellee
- REGENIA BECHEM, Appellant v. RELIANT ENERGY RETAIL SERVICES, LLC AND COMERICA BANK, Appellees
- JAMALL ANDERSON, Appellant v. LARRY TRUELOVE AND BRADY ROBLES, Appellees
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.