"I still hope we can work it out. It's come to the point where we have a strong disagreement about what should and shouldn't happen," said J. Mike Amerson. "I've worked with those guys for 15 years, elbow-to-elbow, and it's sad."
- Shocking Statements Unsealed in Judge Carlos Cortez Dispute
- Company Wins Half-Million-Dollar Fee Award From DOL
- Where Does Litigation Stand One Year After West Explosion?
- 7 Steps to Successful Enforcement Actions
- Well-Known Lawyer to Represent Gov. Rick Perry in Criminal Investigation
- Despite OAG, Abbott Win, Whistleblower Fight Not Finished
Call for Nominations
The list "is so broad as to be meaningless," wrote the judge.
A Dallas criminal defense lawyer has filed a motion to recuse a Dallas County misdemeanor court judge from hearing his client's case. He claims that she won't let him wear shorts in her courtroom.
Reversed and Remanded: Can a litigant get discovery into an expert witness's employer's finances in search of pre-trial bias?Texas Lawyer
Jackson Walker has the largest 2014 Texas partner class. The firms rounding out the top five in terms of new partner class size are Haynes and Boone, Strasburger & Price, Baker Botts and Andrews Kurth.
Eighteen of the state's 25 largest firms participated in Texas Lawyer's Lateral Hiring Survey and reported hiring 14.1 percent fewer lateral attorneys— 249 versus 290—than they had in 2012.