"They said: You can't keep it and the fact that your wife lives there doesn't give you a better claim to keeping it,'' said Howard Marc Spector, who represents the creditor, about the Fifth Court's decision.
- $9 Billion Win for Big Name Texas Trial Lawyer
- Hurricane Crosses Jordan: Wrongfully Accused Fighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter Entered the Ring on Behalf of the Convicted
- Shocking Statements Unsealed in Judge Carlos Cortez Dispute
- Special Focus Report: Family Law
- Door Remains Open for Lay Testimony, Temporal Proximity in Establishing Causation in Personal Injury Cases
- Lawyer Seeks More Than $1 Million From Firm He Founded
Call for Nominations
Rabbi David Stern from Temple Emanu-El in Dallas will join former Secretary of State James A. Baker III in speaking at the memorial service at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.
After riding all day on April 12, the team stopped in La Grange, feasted on Texas barbecue and slept in "a very large tent" with 170 cots.
Reversed and Remanded: Can a litigant get discovery into an expert witness's employer's finances in search of pre-trial bias?Texas Lawyer
Jackson Walker has the largest 2014 Texas partner class. The firms rounding out the top five in terms of new partner class size are Haynes and Boone, Strasburger & Price, Baker Botts and Andrews Kurth.
Eighteen of the state's 25 largest firms participated in Texas Lawyer's Lateral Hiring Survey and reported hiring 14.1 percent fewer lateral attorneys— 249 versus 290—than they had in 2012.