Fleming, Nolen & Jez allege that the defendants sought to "intimidate and harass" George Fleming into settling civil litigation they filed against him and Fleming & Associates.
- Rule 12 Grants Access to Judges' Emails, Payroll Info
- Court Orders Arbitration in Lawsuit Against Firms, Lawyer
- The Secret Is Out: Texas Is Good for Women in Law
- Leading Ladies: More Women Are Running Large Law
- Unsigned Contract Leads to $18.8 Million Verdict
- Ghostwriting Appellate Briefs: The Rules Aren't So Clear
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. , August, 29, 2014.
If lawyers fail to report their work time by Oct. 15, a criminal court judge could assess a penalty, including removal from the list of attorneys eligible to receive future court appointments.
If you were starting your legal career today, what would you do differently than you did 10, 20 or 30 years ago?
- GARY WAYNE JASTER, PETITIONER, v. COMET II CONSTRUCTION, INC., JOE H. SCHNEIDER, LAURA H. SCHNEIDER, AND AUSTIN DESIGN GROUP, RESPONDENTS
- LUBBOCK COUNTY WATER CONTROL AND IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT AND TOMMY FISHER, IN HIS OFFICIAL CAPACITY AS PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE LUBBOCK COUNTY WATER CONTROL AND IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT, PETITIONERS, v. CHURCH & AKIN, L.L.C., RESPONDENT
- BENJAMIN OROZCO, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. CRAIG PLACKIS, Defendant-Appellant.
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ex rel. RENE SHUPE, Plaintiff - Appellee v. CISCO SYSTEMS, INCORPORATED; AVNET, INCORPORATED; CALENCE, L.L.C., also known as Insight Enterprises, Incorporated, Defendants - Appellants
Each year, Texas Lawyer tracks financial trends in the state's legal industry through its Salary & Billing Survey. The resulting report compiles information provided by firms about employees' salaries, billing rates and billable hours.
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.