An appellate board has upheld the disbarment of Charles Sebesta, swatting back his technical argument for why he should retain his bar card after the ex-prosecutor sent an innocent man to death row and hid exculpatory evidence in the process.
"Given the growing threats to social, racial and economic justice in Texas, TCRP must step boldly into this next chapter," said Mimi Marziani, the new executive director of the Texas Civil Rights Project.
Several people from the legal community—including a former Texas Supreme Court justice—will serve on a task force to prepare Texas to respond to the Zika virus and other infectious diseases.
U.S. Magistrate Judge David Horan recently dealt with a fierce dispute over a fee sharing among attorneys who represented a plaintiff in a personal injury case in Dallas that concluded with a substantial settlement with Fluor Intercontinental.
The U.S. Senate's proposed energy bill, the Energy Policy Modernization Act of 2015, seeks to expedite the governmental approval process related to exporting liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- Aamco Transmissions, Inc. v. Bova, 01-14-00974-CV (Tex.App. Dist.14 01/14/2016)
- Espinosa v. Aaron's Rents, Inc., 01-14-00843-CV (Tex.App. Dist.14 01/14/2016)
- In re Master Flo Valve Inc., 14-15-00956-CV (Tex.App. Dist.14 01/26/2016)
- Patel v. Hussain, 14-14-00459-CV (Tex.App. Dist.14 01/21/2016)
- Derek Willis, General Counsel for Volusion Inc. Made The Right Move
- Q&A With Volusion Inc. Derek Willis on Best Practices: Expertise, Efficiency and Experience
- Tips for Avoiding Pitfalls in I-9 Compliance
- Reauthorization of the EB-5 Regional Center Program: a Boon for Foreign Investors and the National Economy
Confidence in the economy at large declined below neutral during the fourth quarter of 2015.
As of July 1, 14.4 percent of the lawyers in Texas at 20 of the largest firms are minority lawyers, up from 14 percent a year before.