If the SEC approves a rule change proposed this summer by FINRA, some veteran plaintiff lawyers could have fewer opportunities to serve on arbitration panels for disputes between investors and brokers.
- Don't Blow: Trademark Dispute Between Lawyers Who Defend Against DWIs
- Court Administrator's Termination Draws Judge's Ire
- Bar Gives Rare Award to Trial Judge
- The Two Newest SCOTX Justices Discuss the Unpredictable Nature of Their Court
- The End of the Rambo Boys: John Bickel Joins Fish & Richardson
- Robert S. Bennett's Former Firm Drops Suit Against Him
Call for Nominations
For complete instructions click here.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. , August, 29, 2014.
Work Matters: Claim or no claim? Terminated employee sues for religious discrimination after skipping work to attend church groundbreaking
The Fifth Circuit said that the tenets of a faith mattered zip in determining whether the ground breaking/lunch was a religious practice.
The Dallas businessman known for predicting oil prices said anyone who makes accurate predictions is lucky.
- In re David Miscavige and Religious Technology Center
- DENISE KITCHEN, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Gregory Maurice Kitchen, Deceased, Plaintiff - Appellant [...] v. DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS; UNKNOWN DALLAS COUNTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS; ANTHONY BENSON, Dallas County Detention Officer; DAVID GARRETT, Dallas County Detention Officer; GREGORY MYERS, Dallas County Detention Officer; DAVID ROBERTS, Dallas County Detention Officer; RENE GUZMAN, Dallas County Detention Officer; TA'MON HAGGERTY, Dallas County Detention Officer; OLLIE POLK [...]
- AURELIO DUARTE; WYNJEAN DUARTE; S. D., A Minor, By and through Wynjean Duarte, acting as her Next Friend; BRANDI DUARTE, PlaintiffsAppellants v. CITY OF LEWISVILLE, TEXAS, DefendantAppellee
- COASTAL AGRICULTURAL SUPPLY, INCORPORATED, Plaintiff - Appellant v. JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A., Defendant - Appellee
Each year, Texas Lawyer tracks financial trends in the state's legal industry through its Salary & Billing Survey. The resulting report compiles information provided by firms about employees' salaries, billing rates and billable hours.
Spurred by strength in energy deals and financings, seven Texas firms made the charts in "Corporate Scorecard 2014," The American Lawyer's rankings of the nation's top dealmakers in 2013.