Attorneys who watched the legal hurricane surrounding the state's first legal same-sex marriage said that the newlyweds' lawyers "beautifully" executed a creative legal strategy.
- Plaintiffs Lawyer's Claims Dismissed Against Lawyers, Firms
- Fit for the Job: GC Handles TCCD's Litigation With Very Hands-On Approach
- 5th Circuit Takes Case Away From Judge Lynn Hughes
- Defendant to Appeal Judge-Murder-Plot Conviction
- Baker Botts Spends $3 Million, 10 Years on Death Row Case
- Sharon Keller, Lone Dissent on High-Profile Death Row Case
Call for Nominations
Texas Lawyer is assembling its annual ranking of the state’s top 100 firms which is based on the number of Texas attorneys at each firm. The free listing contains both Texas-based firms and firms based out-of-state. In recent years, the firms have ranged in size from those with 28 lawyers in Texas to those with more than 500. The survey participation deadline is 6 p.m., Thursday, March 12.read more
The Fifth Circuit gets a bad rap on being anti-plaintiff in employment cases. But it did a lot to nuke that image by denying en banc review (by an 11-4 vote) in 'Thompson v. Waco'.
Stumbling vocabulary should wave a red flag for Texans to not respond to fraudulent email using his name, Ken Paxton's office said.
Key decisions in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill litigation have highlighted the evolving legal landscape in assessing liability and financial responsibility in a major accident.
Although the new rules have a limited impact on the applicable Texas law regarding eminent domain, they do require parties to provide the RRC with more specific information in order for an applicant to obtain a pipeline permit.
- Walter Demond, Appellant v. The State of Texas, Appellee
- Harlingen Family Dentistry, P.C.; and Trueblood Dental Associates, P.A., Appellants v. Texas Health and Human Services Commission and Office of the Inspector General, Appellees
- State Farm Lloyds, Appellant v. Julia Rathgeber, in her official capacity as Commissioner of Insurance; Texas Department of Insurance; and Office of Public Insurance Counsel, Appellees
- Appellants, Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists; Charles Horton in his Official Capacity; Sandra DeSobe in her Official Capacity, and Texas Association of Marriage and Family Therapy // Cross-Appellant, Texas Me [...] v. Appellee, Texas Medical Association// Cross-Appellees, Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists; Charles Horton in his Official Capacity; Sandra DeSobe in her Official Capacity, and Texas Association of Marriage and [...]
The 19 firms that participated in the Lateral Hiring Survey hired 6 percent more Texas laterals in 2014 than in 2013.
Sixty-one law firm leaders shared their opinions in Texas Lawyer's Managing Partners Survey. The annual survey collects data about management strategies and techniques used by firms of all sizes, both Texas-based and out-of-state firms with Texas operations.