In a joint motion, SuperMedia and FLSA class action plaintiffs ask court to approve $3 million deal with $1.2 million for attorney fees
- Longtime Wilco Judge Billy Ray Stubblefield Retires
- Litigator of the Week: Attorney Fee Lessons for Jury Leads to $70,000 Award
- Computation of Loss Amounts in Healthcare Fraud Cases
- EnergyBuzz: Ground Transportation and Oceangoing Vessels Increasingly Using LNG as Fuel
- Lawyer Disbarred for Sexually Soliciting Minor Client
- Deal of the Week: Baker Botts, Porter Hedges Handle Eagle Ford Shale Deal
Carrizo Oil & Gas bought leasehold and producing interests in the Eagle Ford shale from Eagle Ford Minerals for $250 million.
One effect of the availability of inexpensive shale gas combined with a global push to reduce carbon emissions is the use of natural gas as a fuel, both in ground transportation and for oceangoing vessels.
The problem is that clients text on weekends or late at night.
The University of Houston Law Center's Health Law and Policy Institute issues revision of book that compiles laws relating to infectious diseases.
- EX PARTE JERRY HARTFIELD;
- Susan Combs, in her official capacity as Texas Comptroller, and Greg Abbott, in his official capacity as Texas Attorney General, Appellants v. Texas Small Tobacco Coalition and Global Tobacco, Inc., Appellees
- Tom Bennett and James B. Bonham Corp., Appellants v. Larry Wayne Grant, Appellee
- In re Texas Education Agency and Michael L. Williams, Commissioner of Education for the State of Texas
The Dallas Diversity Task Force describes its annual report as "a snapshot of the diversity of lawyers practicing at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas County."
The average compensation for general counsel at large Texas companies declined by 8.1 percent in 2013 compared to 2012 but still is more than double the average profits per partner at the 25 highest-grossing firms.