Three Houston-area doctors and an anesthesia company filed a malpractice lawsuit on May 22 seeking more than $1.8 million in damages from Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani and three of its Houston lawyers.
- Hailstorm Bill Opponents Fear Rebirth in Insurance Bill
- Diverse Opposition Kills Hailstorm Bill
- Be a Passionate Advocate, but Know When to Say 'I'm Sorry'
- 'Fraudulent Fraud' Article Ignores Structure of Texas Common Law
- Fifth Circuit Denies Obama Administration's Request for Stay in Immigration Battle
- Identity Thieves Got Private Data for 104,000 U.S. Taxpayers
As Central Texas counties are recovering from devastating Memorial Day floods, the State Bar of Texas has created a legal hotline to connect low-income flood victims to lawyers.
A sincere, heartfelt and authentic apology goes a long way.
The 84th Texas Legislature is working hard to promote export possibilities for Texas crude oil and natural gas products.
"These claims are worth a lot," said Galvin Kennedy, partner in Houston's Kennedy/Hodges, who represents the workers.
- CROCKETT COUNTY, TEXAS, Appellant, v. KLASSEN ENERGY, INC., Appellee.
- SYLVESTER KELLY, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- BARNEY SAMUEL BRADSHAW, Appellant v. THE STATE OF TEXAS, Appellee
- Richard ABRAMS, Appellant v. Marguerite Salinas a/k/a Marguerite Y. Salinas f/k/a Marguerite ABRAMS and Ashely Abrams a/k/a Ashley N. Abrams, Appellees
The Annual Report on Firm Finance also includes a Profitability Index, which shows whether equity partners in a firm are taking home more or less than average RPL, and a firm-by-firm analysis that helps to explain financial results from each of the top 25 firms.
The number of new partners in 2015 at 22 of the 25 firms with the most lawyers in Texas down by 7.3 percent compared with 2014.