The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit granted an expedited hearing for the Department of Labor in the overtime litigation.
- Austin Lawyer Hit With $175K in Sanctions for 'Bad Faith' Conduct in ADA Cases
- Texas Supreme Court Justice Gap Commission Calls for Better Referral System, Training
- Appeals Court Casts Doubts on Smartflash's Patent Win Over Apple
- Gone to See a Lawyer About a Horse (Estate): Attorney Ropes In Unique Bankruptcy Gig
- 10 Most Underrated Law Schools in America
- Escargot and Employee Lawsuits
Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey was ordered Monday to appear in a Texas federal court to submit to deposition questions asked by Exxon Mobil Corp. lawyers
Kelley Drye & Warren has entered the Texas market through the acquisition of a 14-lawyer environmental litigation boutique.
- Frank v. The Commonwealth of Antigua and Barbuda, 15-10717 (5th Cir. 11/22/2016)
- McCrary v. Hightower, 14-15-00550-CV (TexApp Dist 11/22/2016)
- United States of America v. Jesus Rodriguez-de la Fuente, 16-40043 (5th Cir. 11/22/2016)
- Acosta v. Texas, PD-0967-15 (TexApp Dist 11/23/2016)
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.