Latham & Watkins represents Houston's Buckeye Partners in its pending $1.15 billion purchase of a half interest in VTTI, a global marine terminal business.
- Forecasting Energy Policy in a Clinton or Trump Presidency
- Houston Law School Working on New Name Amid Trademark Suit
- J&J Hit With $70M Verdict in Third Talc Powder Loss
- Anita Hill Calls for Investigation Into New Thomas Allegation
- Andrews Kurth, Latham Work on Texas MLP Deal
- Gibbs & Bruns Added to Lawsuit about John O'Quinn's Body
After 40 years in place, President Barack Obama lifted the ban on exporting crude oil from America on Dec. 18, 2015. Some of the largest oil companies in the U.S. had aggressively lobbied Congress to end the ban since at least Oct. 2014, when the lobbying group called Producers for American Crude Oil Exports (PACE) was formed.
Energy security, renewable fuels and pollution control have been dominant energy topics in this year's presidential race. Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, and her Republican rival, Donald Trump, offer different regulatory approaches to the oil and gas industry.
- Ricardo Zuniga v. The State of Texas, 08-14-00153-CR (TexApp Dist 09/21/2016)
- SGIC Strategic Global Investment Capital, Incorporated v. Burger King Europe GMBH, 15-10943 (5th Cir. 10/10/2016)
- Monaco v. TAG Investments, Limited, 15-51085 (5th Cir. 10/06/2016)
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research v. Courson Oil & Gas, Inc., 07-16-00022-CV (TexApp Dist 10/07/2016)
- Will Texas Courts Upend Recent Decisions Applying Texas Law and Striking Down Midstream Contracts?
- Commentary: Texas Legislature's Sunset Showdown
- Goodwill: Corporate or Personal?
- Beware the Potential Move from Inapplicable Cybersecurity Standards to an Applicable Standard of Care
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.