The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is far from finished in its pursuit of charges over alleged deceptive trading by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton when he was seeking capital for a tech startup, says the lawyer who successfully defended Mark Cuban in an insider-trading trial two years ago.
- Four Firms Land Roles on $2B American Midstream Deal
- Tony Buzbee Obtains Near $55 Million Verdict for Grocer
- How ABA’s Unease Over Trump Article Hatched a First Amendment Flap
- Law Firms a ‘Petri Dish’ for Bias, Gender Inequity
- Federal Court in East Texas Enjoins Part of 'Blacklisting' Rule for Federal Contractors
- Freshfields M&A Pro Returns to Houston Roots, Joining Kirkland
After 40 years in place, President Barack Obama lifted the ban on exporting crude oil from America on Dec. 18, 2015. Some of the largest oil companies in the U.S. had aggressively lobbied Congress to end the ban since at least Oct. 2014, when the lobbying group called Producers for American Crude Oil Exports (PACE) was formed.
After 13 years in New York, Doug Bacon joined Kirkland & Ellis' Houston office this week.
- Henry & Sons Construction Co., Inc. v. Campos, 13-16-00204-CV (TexApp Dist 10/06/2016)
- Alexander, Dubose, Jefferson & Townsend, LLP v. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, L.P., 09-14-00313-CV (TexApp Dist 09/29/2016)
- Borowski v. Ayers, 10-15-00239-CV (TexApp Dist 10/12/2016)
- Fabian Douglas Castaneda v. The State of Texas, 08-12-00167-CR (TexApp Dist 09/16/2016)
- Will Texas Courts Upend Recent Decisions Applying Texas Law and Striking Down Midstream Contracts?
- Commentary: Texas Legislature's Sunset Showdown
- Goodwill: Corporate or Personal?
- Beware the Potential Move from Inapplicable Cybersecurity Standards to an Applicable Standard of Care
A Houston firm now elects sharerholders twice a year to benefit associates who took the bar exam in February.
In a recent survey conducted across ALM’s legal news websites for about three days, 170 respondents out of more than 200 said they would work longer or stay the course to stave off investment pinches.